The AJPC staffing Process for Gateway Post Office including all satellite offices:
The Transfer application will be the first step. Our members who have a valid transfer to AJPC will use their seniority to secure a position from the GTA(YORK)MAPP area by status and classification.
- GTA(YORK)MAPP area means West, East & Central Delivery, SCLPP, Gateway Post Office and YDC. The GTA(YORK)MAPP geographical area is from Mississauga to Whitby and Lakeshore to Stouffville.
- All indeterminate employees from Gateway who are moving outside their post office as a result of the staffing exercise and the reduction of the positions shall receive a one-time lump sum payment of $600.
- Any indeterminate employee who moves from (Shift 2 to Shift 1 or Shift 3) or from
(Shift 3 to shift 1) will be entitled receive a lump sum payment of $100.
- Temporary employees from Gateway who is on a temporary employee list as of September 1, 2022, and any temporary employee who worked at least three (3) months as of September 1, 2022, will also receive a one-time lump sum payment of $100.
- The Corporation agrees to waive the 12-month requirement for those temporary employees who are on the Gateway temporary employee list to allow them to transfer to the AJPC temporary employee list or any other temporary list within the GTA/MAPP.
- Our members will have 3 years of Recall Rights to come back to the Gateway post office if anyone is displaced from Gateway because of the lower seniority.
- Our members who are PO5, if displaced to go to AJPC as PO4, their pay rate will be as PO5 pay rate for the next 3 years.
- Gateway MAM11 impacted employees transferring into the AJPC MAM position will maintain their current classification as MAM11 and in addition, they will also be able to transfer into the other MAM10 vacant position.
Gateway MAM11 impacted employees will also have a Right of Return back to the Gateway Post Office.
- The transfer application form must be submitted to PC&R by Friday, September 30, 2022. Transfer bid results will be available by October 31, 2022.
Gateway Plant Wide Bid will start on November 2, 2022, by status and classification.
- There will be no hold of any positions including any job placement by the ART 54 committee.
- Any member with ART 54 placement who cannot secure the current placement position as per the seniority, will be put back on the ART 54 committee list to find a placement as per the member’s restrictions. We will fight hard to protect our members who need accommodation.
I would like to thank our members for staying strong in solidarity. I would also like to thank all of our executive officers who worked tirelessly to protect and serve our members every day. Toronto Local would like to extend our thanks to our National Grievance Officer Brother Carl Girouard for his support of the Local’s position of transfer first. Please visit the union bulletin board and the local website.
CUPW Toronto Local